[seqfan] Re: Can we create a workable taxonomy for classifying all the various kinds of sequences in the OEIS?

Marc LeBrun mlb at well.com
Tue Apr 10 07:37:09 CEST 2018

For this work there's absolutely no need to extend the OEIS itself, because a reference like https://oeis.org/A123456 <https://oeis.org/A123456> is a perfectly good URI.
You can erect a classic "semantic web" using these references (say with OWL et al) as a completely external RESTful resource (or whatever).
Moreover, a multitude of such metadata services could happily coexist, even cross-link, without requiring any impact on the OEIS.
Building such commentaries upon, rather than within, the OEIS could be a bounteous source of interesting collaborative projects.
Let a thousand ontologies bloom!