[seqfan] Re: A064736, A217579 and A302350

Sean A. Irvine sairvin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:13:24 CEST 2018

Michel,

I don't know if it is possible to change the number of results returned per
page for a query.   I also don't know what kind of OS you have, but from
the command line in Linux the following will run through all the pages for
your query extracting the A number and sequence data line.  It's not an
ideal or nice solution, the sleep lets the server have a little rest
between the queries.

#!/bin/bash
# Ugly hack.
for page in {0..176}; do
    wget -q -O - "
http://oeis.org/search?q=%22Index%20entries%20for%20sequences%20that%20are%20permutations%20of%20the%20natural%20numbers%22&start=${page}0&fmt=data"
| grep -v title | sed -n '/>A[0-9]\{6\}/s/.*\(A[0-9]\{6\}\).*/\1/p;/<tt>/p'
    sleep 15
done

An alternative, if you can somehow get a list of the required A numbers
direct from the index would be to zgrep the relevant sequences directly
from the stripped.gz file available here: https://oeis.org/stripped.gz

Sean.