[seqfan] Re: Dumb idea: Number of permanent keywords of OEIS sequence A_n

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:00:51 CEST 2018

Felix,

The problem with that one, in my opinion, is that it depends way too much
on the human factor, even when ignoring temporary keywords. For example, I
never kept track of which entries I've added keyword:easy to (just added
one this morning), and there probably are still a lot of them that need to
have that keyword (like a lot of the reciprocals).

And what about frac? Might there be entries that ought to have that
keyword? Isn't more somewhat temporary in nature? etc.

These uncertainties are not at all delicious like the uncertainties
surrounding A053873, Numbers n such that OEIS sequence A_n contains n.
Those uncertainties compel us to make theories and compute sequences to
farther reaches. The uncertainties with this keyword sequence entry might
compel us to new discussions about keywords, but most likely those would
eventually happen regardless.

Just my two cents.

Al

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 10:24 AM, Felix Fröhlich <felix.froe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear SeqFans,
>
> here is an idea for a sequence that should most likely not be in the OEIS:
>
> Number of permanent keywords of OEIS sequence A_n.
>
> "Permanent" here means the sequence does not count keywords like "changed",
> that are only applied temporarily. The sequence (with offset 1) starts
>
> 4, 4, 3, 4, 6, 3, 5, 3, 4, 6, 3, 7, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 3, 1
>
> This is mostly meant to be a humorous suggestion. I don't know whether this
> would be acceptable as a "dumb" sequence or not, but anyway, I do not
> really seriously consider submitting this. It falls into the same category
> as other sequences related to A-numbers, and I recall Neil said somewhere
> there are already more than enough such sequences in the OEIS.
>
> Best regards
> Felix

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com