[seqfan] Dirichlet eta function and Stirling Permutations

Mario Krenn mario.krenn at univie.ac.at
Mon Aug 13 00:04:03 CEST 2018

The sequence A156919 <https://oeis.org/A156919> apparently indicates a
connection between Stirling permutations and the Dirichlet η-function:
"Stirling permutations were discovered while studying certain properties
of the Dirichlet eta function."

Unfortunately, there is no further explanation of that connection, and
literature search didn't lead to any result.
I have asked that question also at mathoverflow, where there is no
answere yet:
https://mathoverflow.net/questions/308107/dirichlet-eta-function-and-stirling-permutations

I would very much like to understand in which context the Stirling
permutation arise in the study of the Dirichlet eta function. Every hint
or reference to the literature is very much apprechiated.

Thank you,
Mario