[seqfan] Re: Google Indexing

Hugo Pfoertner yae9911 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:18:56 CEST 2018

If you know the A-number, then you will not need Google to find the related
information. More interesting is the behavior of Google searches if you
enter numbers.
I've tried "15, 22, 30, 42, 56, 77," and Google indeed finds A00041,
decorated with lots of trace back and user information
But when I tried "14, 1, 5, 1, 5, 2, 2, 1, 15,", only irrelevant search
results are shown, instead of finding A000001, which definitely is "core"
and not too remote.
For "10, 412, 40800, 6839492," A085000 is produced (because of keywords
nice, hard?), but almost nothing is found for the related "11, 450, 41021,
6865625,", which is A1800087.

Question: Is Google's indexing influenced by OEIS keywords like core, nice,
hard?. At least this would be a logical choice, but I fear we will get no
information how Google (and other search engines) works for the OEIS.

Hugo Pfoertner