[seqfan] Re: Comtets triangles in convex polygons

Ray Chandler rayjchandler at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 4 22:50:26 CET 2018

Richard,
It looks to me that sequence A217748 gives the desired terms for Exercise 8(5) although I can't make sense of the formula yet.

a(3) = 1 since by definition, every side of the interior triangles is either a side or a diagonal - there need not be any diagonals to have a qualifying triangle.

There also appears to be some confusion about the n_3 notation.  Referring to page 6 in the document, it is clear that it is intended to be a falling factorial rather than a rising factorial or Pochhammer symbol.  This does not explain what the formula represents.
Ray