[seqfan] Re: What is a "Q unit fraction"?

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 06:00:25 CET 2018

Bob, Thanks for that reply! (The "History" tab for A016013 doesn't show
that anything has ever been removed from the entry.)

Even if you don't remember the details of our email exchange over a decade
ago, do you remember what the outcome was?  The fact that it has not
changed (except in trivial ways) since you submitted it in 1999 (or
earlier) suggests that my level of confusion about it hasn't changed a
whole lot in 20 years!

Looking at the author lines for sequences around that one, here is what I
see:

%A A016000 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016001 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016002 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016003 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016004 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016005 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016006 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016007 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016008 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016009 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016010 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016011 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016012 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016013 _Robert G. Wilson v_, Dec 11 1999
%A A016014 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016015 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016016 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016017 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016018 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016019 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016020 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016021 _David W. Wilson_, Jun 07 2000
%A A016022 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016023 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016024 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016025 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016026 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016027 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016028 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016029 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016030 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016031 _N. J. A. Sloane_, _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016032 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016033 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016034 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016035 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016036 _Wolfdieter Lang_
%A A016037 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016038 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016039 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016040 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016041 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016042 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016043 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016044 _Simon Plouffe_
%A A016045 _Robert G. Wilson v_
%A A016046 _Robert G. Wilson v_

It is only 20 to 25 years ago when this happened (it could have been
submitted any time from 1996 to 1999),
but we have both looked at a lot of sequences since then!  It is just
possible I have the original submission ( which would have been through
email) buried somewhere in my files on this computer.

Well, in any case,  Merry Christmas!

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com