[seqfan] Triangle dissections

Hugo Pfoertner yae9911 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 13:30:33 CET 2018

SeqFans,

currently, I'm preparing a draft of a new sequence related to dissections
of equilateral triangles into n smaller non-overlapping smaller equilateral
triangles, based on a suggestion from Peter Munn, who noticed that
https://oeis.org/A290820 lacks the cases which are defined as
"non-separated" in the article by A. Drapal and C. Hamalainen.
http://arxiv.org/abs/0910.5199
The draft is at https://oeis.org/draft/A299706
In theory, one should be able to create the terms of the new sequence up to
n=20 using the programs provided by Carlo H am al ainen at
https://bitbucket.org/carlohamalainen/dissections
but I failed to get it running due to incompatibilities of his programs
with current versions of SageMath, Python, SymPy and the PyX graphics
package. Perhaps someone with all that available and more experience with
SageMath and Python could give it a try.

So, my draft is entirely based on manual work and eyeballing trying to
extend the configurations given in the appendix of the mentioned article,
and would therefore need independent checking. Any help or feedback would
be appreciated.

Hugo Pfoertner