[seqfan] Re: Style Guide: "Complement of ..."?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 04:43:06 CET 2018

In a minority of cases including it in the title would be a bad idea, in my
opinion. At one extreme are sequences for which the title is short enough
that referencing the complement would be a ridiculous redundancy (e.g., the
non-Fibonacci numbers, A001690). At the other extremes, the title is so
long that we should be looking to shorten it rather than lengthen it.

But in the majority of cases it might be a good idea.

Al

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 10:07 PM, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, "both would be ideal" is my opinion also!
>
> Best regards
> Neil
>
> Neil J. A. Sloane, President, OEIS Foundation.
> Email: njasloane at gmail.com
>

> On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 1:39 PM, jnthn stdhr <jstdhr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I want to add cross references to a pair of complementary sequences and I
> > find that, typically, there are two ways this is done:  it is noted in
> the
> > name; it is noted in the cross reference list.  Which is preferred, and
> > should the style guide reflect this preference?  For what it is worth, I
> > find including it in the name most helpful.  Perhaps both would be ideal?
> >
> > --

Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com
<https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/AlonsoDelarte>