[seqfan] Re: Bad pdf file in A002369?

jnthn stdhr jstdhr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 16:29:02 CET 2018

Thank you to all who responded.  I just tried the download again and it
still fails.  It must be the UC browser I am forced to use on this
"ancient" android.

Sean Irvine kindly sent me an image of the contents, which now leads me to
the question, did J . Devisme neglect to count a ninth folding for n = 4?

Yesterday I sent a message to the list (not yet posted) describing a very
similar sequence.  My sequence, 1,2,3,9,20,58,..., first differs at n = 4.
In the illustrations found in A002369, if you look at the third
construction from the left in the bottom row (a single rectangle atop two
that are atop a single), I shift one of the single rectangles to the right
to obtain a ninth construction.  My sequence uses partitions of n as a
basis for finding unique constructions of n rectangles, so maybe this leads
to a different sequence.

Jonathan