[seqfan] Re: Weak conjecture regarding Viswanath's constant

Hans Havermann gladhobo at bell.net
Sun Feb 25 17:21:13 CET 2018

WolframAlpha appears to have a high tolerance for what it thinks is the numerical value of its "cvi", the likely Viswanath's constant. Varying the last few digits up and down as input still results in cvi appearing as a possible closed form, usually showing all digits as accurate. Straying outside of the expected final digit range finally got me a 1.131988248794 followed by 29999 in grey.

I'll also mention that Eric Weisstein's alternative value of the constant (see A140443; also mentioned, for example, in Wikipedia's article on "Mathematical constants by continued fraction representation") is still out there confusing folk as to why he got such a significantly different value.