[seqfan] Re: A002094 from 1875 needs more terms

Peter Munn techsubs at pearceneptune.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 10:16:41 CET 2018

Is it possible, though, for someone who understands it to add a comment
about the sequence's origins and how Schiff saw it? Reading A002094 now,
it is mathematically much improved, but feels a little divorced from its
history, and thereby seems to have lost something.

Best Regards,

Peter

On Sat, March 17, 2018 5:08 pm, Hugo Pfoertner wrote:
> The German in Schiff's article is difficult to understand, but it is my
impression that at the time of writing the meaning of "alcohol radical"
was different from the modern use, where it means an "-OH" attached to a
hydrocarbon.
> https://www.britannica.com/science/alcohol/Structure-and-classification-of-alcohols
> So perhaps the name of the sequence should be adapted to modern chemical
terminology and "alcohol" be dropped. The title of Richard's
illustrations