[seqfan] Re: Are A304312, A304313 Same as A006691, A006692?

Valery Liskovets liskov at im.bas-net.by
Mon May 21 11:14:20 CEST 2018

Let me clarify something concerning A006691 (and related sequences).
I cannot find Robinson's article in my archive but hardly it will
illuminate much:
as I remember the formula in it is unjustifiably awkward (even contains
an extra
enumerative parameter).

First of all, A006691 represents the number of unlabeled (by states)
strong initial automata
with n non-initial states and 2 inputs. Such is a more exact definition.
Now, any such
automaton has no symmetries, Therefore it gives rise to n! distinct
automaton with n+1
labeled (=numbered) states including the initial one (labeled 1). The
corresponding
sequence is available in the OEIS:
          n!*A006691(n) = A027834(n+1), n>=1.
The latter sequence is based on two my very old articles (in Russian,
available in the
ResearchGate). The second one of 1977 contains rather a transparent
linear recurrent
formula for strong automata with labeled states. It has been already
reproduced in the text
of A027834... Presumably it may help in settling Paul's question but I
don't know how.
His analytical representation (I have no doubts that both A304312 and
A006691 are one
and the same sequence) is fully unexpected for me. Let me skip here some
interesting
additional details concerning the coefficients of the mentioned
recurrence (I've informed
Paul in a separate mail).

Of course, similar formulas are valid for strong automata with 3 or more
input letters;
however, the sequences n!*A006692(n), etc. are missing in the OEIS.

Valery Liskovets