[seqfan] Re: Broken links to Encyclopedia of Combinatorial Structures

Hugo Pfoertner yae9911 at gmail.com
Sun May 27 21:10:19 CEST 2018

This is perhaps not so simple. There is a quite sophisticated Javascript
behind the ECS search function, and just searching for the structure number
is only the simplest case.
view-source:http://ecs.inria.fr/dmw_stdapp_js.js
The page with the 1075 structures is nothing that can simply be copied,
because it is the output of the JS when called with the "all" parameter.
Does someone remember what was shown, when the "nbr" queries were still
working? I suppose at least formulas, egf, ...

Searching for an egf in the input of the ECS main page produces the known
error

Search a combinatorial structure by:
generating function  search terms = exp(-x)/(1-x)

which should produce A000166, but instead

Unix.Unix_error(Unix.EPIPE, "write", "")

The search for first terms works

Search a combinatorial structure by:
first terms  search terms = 1, 0, 1, 2, 9, 44, 265

produces

ECS #21 derangements

1, 0, 1, 2, 9, 44, 265, 1854, 14833, 133496

So, not much hope without help from someone who has access to the whole
data structure behind the ECS.

Hugo Pfoertner