[seqfan] Claude Lenormand and raboter(n)

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 19:22:04 CEST 2018

Dear Seq Fans,

I came across an unpublished article by my old friend Claude Lenormand,
which led me to a new French word (raboter) and a new sequence, A318921.
(He was at the eparty for 100000 sequences - you can see his picture there)

He contributed a lot to the OEIS around 2001-2003, but I suspect he is
no longer with us. His email does not answer.
The response from the remote server was:
550 5.2.1 This mailbox has been blocked due to inactivity

Did any of you know him?
A318921 sounds pretty good: it could be a dirge for his memory.

One could apply the transformation n -> A318921(n) = raboter(n) to
any sequence. I created two examples, A319922 and A318923 (Fibonacci
and primes).

Some time I will scan his article, and add it to A318921.