[seqfan] Re: Given any partition of n into k parts, what's the maximum permutations of parts

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 00:32:25 CEST 2019

Dear Hans,

Thanks for posting to seqfan.

We have already in the OEIS for instance the sequence of the maximum number
of permutations of a partition of n

A102462: 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12, 20, 30, 60, 105, 168, 280, 504, 840,
1512, 2520, 5040, ...

which is based on the multinomial interpretation of this problem. This
interpretation is
very natural as the multinomial coefficient has an original definition as a
number of
permutations of powers of k variables with total degree n.

You will also find the directly related

A007294: Number of partitions of n into nonzero triangular numbers.
1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 6, 7, 7, 10, 11, 11, 15, 17, 17, 22, 24, ...

and a few others, that you can find by using the crossrefs and comments of
these entries.

Regards,

Olivier