[seqfan] Re: Problem reproducing A019989, A019990, and A019991

Sean A. Irvine sairvin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:39:50 CEST 2019

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 at 03:30, Marc LeBrun <mlb at well.com> wrote:

> To break the symmetry perhaps some of those operations don't commute or
> associate and/or maybe they are computations done sequentially, instead of
> simultaneous relations?
> (And, agreed, moreover there STILL needs to be a "1 --> 0" to keep things
> from saturating.)

Some good ideas there.  I certainly had been assuming that the operations
were simultaneous.  Perhaps there is also some additional special relation
between a and A, b and B, c and C, otherwise why not simply label the later
functions d, e, f.

I did also try a 3-way XOR, i.e. only true if exactly one of the arguments
true.  But so far everything I have tried results in all functions becoming
1 or 0 eventually.

Sean.