[seqfan] A070543 (counting k-dimensional isotropic subspaces)

Peter Munn techsubs at pearceneptune.co.uk
Wed Aug 21 14:42:50 CEST 2019

Hello seqfans,

I've been working on a contribution to A141419, and in doing this have
spotted a link to A070543. So I am preparing a formula to express this
link derived from the one for T(n, k) in A070543.

This led me to notice that either the A070543 formula is wrong or
A070543's offset is, and from the Baez link it is the offset.

In reading Baez's page, I notice he says, effectively in respect of
A070543, "I leave it as an easy puzzle to figure out the pattern, and a
harder puzzle to prove it's true." Not being well-versed in this field,
I'm not sure what he means by "harder" and am left wondering whether the
formula (which I am using to derive my new formula) is conjecture or
truth.

Can anyone enlighten?

Best Regards,

Peter