[seqfan] Re: For Fibonacci Fans

Fred Lunnon fred.lunnon at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 01:44:24 CEST 2019

Brendan McKay<Brendan.McKay at anu.edu.au> :
  << Incidentally, when you click on a link on a web page, your browser tells
the destination server what page the link was on, not only the url given
by the link. ... >>

In this case the "page" is just  gmail  displaying in my (or your)
Safari browser,
which can have no significance to the download site.

<< And then there are cooky settings... >>

Ah, now we're getting warm.  I had made the mistake of copy-pasting the link
to my Firefox browser, which of course does not share the same cookies.
If I copy-paste it to another Safari window, the green "PDF" button appears on
cue.

Sorted!  [ Too bad if the site doesn't recognise your browser --- but that's a
constant hazard anyway. ]

Chris Thompson<cet1 at cam.ac.uk>
<< Unless there is some calendar reform being implemented of which I am unaware,
that is a date which will never occur! >>

It did stick in my mind that there was something peculiar about that date,
but then I became involved with the cookie glitch and forgot about it.
Another puzzle solved; and free Fibs for ever, presumably?

WFL