[seqfan] Re: A063116

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 15:11:59 CEST 2019

Yes, that is the Gunning book.

Two other small books on modular forms and related things are

Richard Bellman, A brief introduction to theta series

and

Jean-Pierre Serre, Cours d'arithmetique (there is an English translation)

They are both thin, and truly great - and written by great mathematicians.
("Fairyland" is a quote from the Bellman book.)

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com