[seqfan] All links to private pages will break, we should get copies before they do

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 21:22:05 CET 2019

This is a delicate business, because

1. we don't want to save a page unless we make every effort to get
permission first,

2.  we don't want to preserve junk.

But it is clear that any private web page will break before long (and many
pages from organizations will also break, of course).

So if someone adds a link to a private page that has good stuff about a
sequence, then as a routine matter we should ask if we can make a cached
copy for our server.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com