[seqfan] Re: K(n)—>a(n).

Ali Sada pemd70 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 19:37:50 CET 2019

 Dear Dr. Sloane,
As a new comer to the OEIS, I didn't think much of the "base-10" sequences. They seemed easy and superficial and didn't look like "real math" to me. But following up closely on some of these sequences in the OEIS, I realized that such sequences have actually more layers of difficulty. Finding relationships between the "values" of numbers and their "shapes" is not superficial. The familiarity with the digits 0 to 9 concealed this fact from me for some time.

When I suggested two base-10 sequences and asked questions about them, the responses from David Seal and Dr. Hasler were eye opening, to say the least. I think their analyses are worthy of the OEIS, regardless of the fact that original ideas of the two sequences seemed banal.

 I have already added one of these two sequences to the OEIS (A328326). After reading your email, I instantly tried to delete it but didn't know how.

Best Regards,
Ali

    On Tuesday, December 10, 2019, 12:15:05 PM EST, Neil Sloane <njasloane at gmail.com> wrote:

 > For integer n let K(n) be the permutation of the digits of n formed by
sequentially combining the greatest and smallest digits in adjacent pairs

I have to say that this sentence makes me feel ill.  There are better
things to think about than playing with the digits of n.

Unless you want to generate more examples for the "Examples of what not to
submit" list.