[seqfan] Re: Verizon troubles

Jack Brennen jfb at brennen.net
Wed Dec 18 20:18:08 CET 2019

Perhaps unrelated, but I have Verizon FIOS home service in Pittsburgh,
and I have similar behavior which pops up fairly regularly when trying
to connect to sites, but mostly from Apple mobile devices.  It seems
there might be some strangeness going on with the Verizon routing or
filtering, but I haven't really dug into it very much.  I keep meaning
to do a packet analysis to see if I can find a problem (I used to
implement network routing protocols, so right up my alley).  But my
suspicion is that if the problem is at my end, I'll see the problem and
capture it, but if it's in Verizon's infrastructure, I'll only see the
symptoms.

- Jack