[seqfan] Re: Question regarding the "inverse modulo 2 binomial transform"

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 00:09:25 CET 2019

Thomas,
Judging by many sequences like A100735 submitted by Paul Barry, it appears
that the mod 2 binomial transform and its inverse are defined by

B(n) = Sum_{k=0..n} (binomial(n,k) mod 2)*A(k),
A(n) = Sum_{k=0..n} (-1)^A010060(n-k)*(binomial(n, k) mod 2)*B(k).

For comparison, the ordinary binomial transform and its inverse are
b(n) = Sum_{k=0..n} binomial(n,k)*a(k).
a(n) = Sum_{k=0..n} (-1)^k*binomial(n, k)*b(k),
These are standard, of course - see the Transforms link at the foot of any
OEIS page, or
M. Bernstein & N. J. A. Sloane, Some canonical sequences of integers,
Linear Algebra and its Applications, 226-228 (1995), 57-72.

I haven't seen the mod 2 version used outside of the OEIS, so
if you want a reference, cite A100735 - I just added the formal definition
there.

There were a lot of major typos in this bunch of sequences, so obviously
they have not seen a lot of use in the past 15 years.
For example A100681 had the definition
Inverse modulo 2 modulo transform of 10^n.