[seqfan] A program to compute A002845

Vladimir Reshetnikov v.reshetnikov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 06:44:41 CET 2019

Today I published a program on GitHub that computes elements of
https://oeis.org/A002845 (Number of distinct values taken by 2^2^...^2,
with n 2's and parentheses inserted in all possible ways).

https://github.com/VladimirReshetnikov/Oeis.A002845

It uses a special representation of numbers that allows to efficiently
manipulate high power towers, but is still brute force in the sense that it
enumerates and stores all possible outcomes for each n. So far I was able
to confirm all values currently listed (up to n=27), and I estimate that I
would need a machine with more than 100GB RAM to compute the next.

I would be delighted if anybody could improve my solution, port it to other
programming languages, or provide computational resources.

--
Best regards
Vladimir Reshetnikov