[seqfan] Re: Do you know somebody of Project Gutenberg's staff?

Wouter Meeussen wouter.meeussen at telenet.be
Tue Jan 1 20:04:28 CET 2019

Georg,

does http://www.gutenberg.org/files/682/682.txt work for you?

Wouter.

-----Original Message-----
From: Georg.Fischer
Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2019 6:24 PM
To: seqfan at list.seqfan.eu
Subject: [seqfan] Re: Do you know somebody of Project Gutenberg's staff?

My concern are not the Thomas + Heinrich Mann works,
(my wife has most of them in printed books anyway).

Some of my obstacles were the 8 OEIS sequences which contain
links to ibiblio.org:
3 http://www.ibiblio.org/gutenberg/etext01/brnll10.txt
2 http://ibiblio.org/pub/docs/books/gutenberg/etext01/fbncc10.txt
2 http://www.ibiblio.org/gutenberg/etext01/zeta310.txt
1 http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/docs/books/gutenberg/etext94
               /2sqrt10a.txt
These URLs are not really broken, but the page says that the file
is no longer on ibiblio.org ("quasi-broken"). I could repair
these links, but then they join the other 48 gutenberg.org
links which are not accessible in Germany, among them:

%H A000040 Project Gutenberg Etext, <a
href="http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/65">First 100,000 Prime Numbers</a>
%H A030169 Simon Plouffe, editor, <a
href="http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/634">Miscellaneous Mathematical
Constants</a> Project Gutenberg, 1996 [see "Minimal y of GAMMA(x)"
paragraph].
%H A006752 T. Papanikolaou and G. Fee, <a
href="http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/812">Catalan's Constant
[Ramanujan's Formula] to 1,500,000 places</a> [Gutenberg Project Etext]
%H A054245 Project Gutenberg, <a
href="http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/156">Symphony No. 5 in C minor
Opus 67 by Ludwig van Beethoven</a> (MIDI files). [From _M. F. Hasler_,
Jun 12 2012]

I think that, with some effort and good will, Project Gutenberg could
geo-block those 18 files only, and even could (and should) find out the
other cases where authors's rights are not yet expired.

But my problem seems to be - as Brendan noted - a waste of time.
Regards - Georg