[seqfan] Re: Goldbach-Yamada conjecture: a(n) > 0 for n >= 6.

David Sycamore djsycamore at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 4 21:23:10 CET 2019

Dear Seqfan’s,

Mr Joerg Arndt (AKA “jj” ) is often “bothered” by the way people express themselves here, and in the pages of the oeis, and shows no restraint on the language he uses to express himself about it.

Thus, on 17/12 he referred to the “stupidity” of some “bone headed” contributors whose codes he does not like, and today he launches a sarcastic attack on a person who wrote a message here seeking interest in some remarks concerning the Goldbach conjecture.

In this case a polite question for clarification might be more “efficient” (another term favoured by Mr “jj”) than a “helpfully” and widely distributed insult.

I also did not fully understand what Yuri Gerasimov was talking about but I would like to defend his right to have his say here without being sneered at.  Furthermore I did find his remarks interesting, although the work of Yamada is unknown to me.
In any case I was ready to grant him the benefit of any doubt, especially as English is clearly not his mother tongue.

Perhaps the Moderator here, or indeed some Senior oeis editors should discourage the use of inappropriate language and insist that users check whether their messages are polite and respectful before sending them to a list with many subscribers?

I suggest that there  should be  “No excuses” (another jj- ism) for unpleasant  behaviour here, unless of course the oeis wishes to create and extend a hostile environment for its contributors.

Best regards

David Sycamore.