[seqfan] Response to some criticisms of our editors

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:36:52 CET 2019

I have observed that one of the editors,  Editor A (let's say) said that
another editor (Editor B) is annoying, and that one or more
further editors (Editor C, and implicitly, myself) are guilty of approving
submissions too quickly.

Well, in any community there will be disagreements
between people, but in the OEIS we try to avoid name-calling. We should
always be courteous. Please do not say bad things about other people. (And
please read the Good behavior Guide on the Wiki!)

As for too-speedy approval of sequences, if a sequence is submitted by one
of our regular contributors and has
nothing obviously wrong with it, then an editor-in-chief
can and should approve it right away.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com