[seqfan] Request for more terms for A027641 (modulo 36)

Gordon Charlton gordonrcharlton at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:34:48 CET 2019

Hi, SeqFans.

I need your assistance.

I am currently working on an album of music made of numerical sequences and
tree traversals, as an homage to Ada Lovelace. (Inspired by her famous
quote "the [analytical] engine might compose elaborate and scientific
pieces of music of any degree of complexity or extent."

The album will be called Notes From The Analytical Engine, and the cover
art will be a contemporary painting of the countess playing a piano.

So far I have 9 tracks which you can find on my Soundcloud account if you
are curious.

https://soundcloud.com/beat-frequency/tracks

Intruder Window, traversals of a Collatz tree,
Hailstone Trajectories, sequence A070165,
Pisano Bebop, a "cutaway" view of A000045, modulos 5, 8, 20 and 25,
On the Teeth of Wheels - sequence A002487
Lazy Cakes, sequences A000124 and A000125
Between Realms, sequences A048673 and A064216
Dinosaur Theory, sequences A048673 and A064216
Kolakoski Contrapuntal, sequence A000002 (*)
Going Postal, traversals of a permutation tree (*)

(*) These tracks have an accompanying pdf linked on their Soundcloud page
giving a measure of my extremely limited abilities in programming and
arithmetic. I am primarily an experimental musician. (See albums by Beat
Frequency on iTunes or elsewhere. To days these have been primarily
experimental theremin music, Notes from the Analytical Engine is a whole
new direction for me.)

There is one more track I want very much to create, based on Bernoulli
Numbers as that is the algorithm that Ada Lovelace is most strongly
connected with. So far I have the first 58 seconds in draft form. It is
provisionally entitled The Ada Shuffle and I have put a copy here to give
an impression of what the finished piece will sound like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77vhvg7diyppccn/the%20ada%20shuffle%20-%2011%3A03%3A2019%2C%2000.45.mp3

(Same link shortened in case email breaks the above link.
http://tinyurl.com/yygaya74 )

The piece stops abruptly because the OEIS MIDI server only supplies the
first 200 or so terms for A027641. To complete the piece I need the first
say 2500 terms (modulo 36) in a text file to give me sufficient to find a
sensible stopping point for the composition.

I have been busting my brain trying to write the appropriate code for this
but I am forced to admit it is beyond my skill level. Please can you give
me a leg-up to help me complete my project. :-)

Gordon Charlton