[seqfan] A Lesser Request for Help

P. Michael Hutchins pmh232 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 12:43:08 CEST 2019

Dear seqfans,

Several months ago, I submitted A294673.  Initially, it comprised only the
basic ideas; other than that, it was essentially empty.  I had the good
luck to have Neil notice it, and think it interesting - which led to
several seqfans contributing missing content.  Although many people helped
A294673 along, the one I'm focused on here is Joseph L. Wetherell and his
proof in the FORMULAs section.

I've worked (on and off) since then to understand his proof well enough to
explain it to an interested math-loving friend with only high-school math
(he went into Computer Engineering instead).  I have made some progress in
various places, but have been stumped by a combination of nomenclature and
inability to find the solution of some "not hard" parts.

I would very much appreciate some help in what I hope is only a very few
places, from the seemingly trivial on up.

(I realize I'm asking this hard on the heels of Neil's request for help
with his more-important problem of a specific kind of overload.  That may
turn out to have been unwise, but now is when I have managed to get my
bravery up to the point of submitting this request.)

I think that it's appropriate to contact me directly, instead of going
through [seqfan].

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,

  -- Michael