[seqfan] Re: Knight's tour on infinite board

Hugo Pfoertner yae9911 at gmail.com
Sat May 4 20:49:04 CEST 2019

For the name "Ulam spiral" see Neil's comment, e.g. in
https://oeis.org/A274923. Ulam spiral should only be used if the position
of the primes matters, otherwise we should use the unbiased term "square
spiral". For my taste, the most natural choice of a sequence pair
describing a counterclockwise square spiral would be
https://oeis.org/A274923 for y and https://oeis.org/A174344 for x, but
historically almost all variants can be found somewhere in our database.
Combining all spiral variants with the enumeration of various paths on the
2-d lattice or space filling curves like the knight's tour would be a can
of worms. I would rather not open this box of Pandora.