[seqfan] Re: Knight's tour on infinite board

Hugo Pfoertner yae9911 at gmail.com
Sun May 5 23:08:33 CEST 2019

@Maximilian: One has to be careful with the path encoding, because the
direction changes against the spine of the previous path segment are not
multiples of 360/8 degrees, but are dependent on the orientation of the
previous move. I have used a similar encoding using letters in the
illustrations of a couple of knight's path sequences, e.g.
https://oeis.org/A323132 and the illustration html file linked there.

I have now understood the method of construction used in A068608-A068615.
To get rid of the spiral encoding, I've made 2 new sequences
https://oeis.org/draft/A306659 and https://oeis.org/draft/A306660 with a
description of the method in the comment of A306659. At the moment, I have
only a Fortran program, but I will try to covert it into a PARI code. In an
adapted version it should also work for the A068608 ff sequence family.