[seqfan] Re: The Ghost Iteration

M. F. Hasler seqfan at hasler.fr
Sun Nov 10 03:48:09 CET 2019

Dear all,

I propose the basic ghost iteration as https://oeis.org/draft/A329200 (rule
A) and https://oeis.org/draft/A329201 (rule B).

Lars or Harvey, if you wish to submit a cycle related sequence, please go
ahead, or tell me and I'll do it.
One could imagine:
- number of iterations until a number is reached for the second time.
- length of final cycle (=1 for fixed points, including 0)
- least element of the final cycle
 (This would give zero for the numbers that end in 0, so it's at the same
time a characteristic function of numbers not ending in 0, but maybe it
would nevertheless be interesting to submit the list of numbers of one or
the other type.)
Further results could be added there to avoid flooding the SeqFan list.

- Maximilian