[seqfan] Sense of Mathematics

zbi74583_boat at yahoo.co.jp zbi74583_boat at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Oct 31 02:38:51 CET 2019

    Hi  Seqfans    Does the word "Sense of Mathematics" exist ?    I want to make it mean the analog of "Sense of humor"    Two persons in different countries have different sense of Mathematics, like they have different sense of humor    I suppose Mathematician's method of study depends on his sense of Mathematics    I explain the different sense of Mathematics in Japanese culture    I give you some examples
    Ex_1    Traditional method to count your age    Kazoe is integer  K  such that  {This year number} - {Year of your birth} + 1    You are K years old in Kazoe  , in this year  from Jan 1 to Dec 31     , It has no relationship with your birth day  , it is only related in your birth year
    Ex_2    Street address    In English  you write as follows    0000  x town  y city  z prefecture  v country    The membership of sets is the following           x  e  y  e  z  e  v          where   e   is element    The order is from lower set to higher set    In Japanese  we write as follows    v country  z prefecture  y city  x town  0000    The order is contrary    If you search my town on map  then you may search from higher set to lower set  ,  so  Japanese method is better    Order of name is the same    In Japanese  Kohmoto Yasutoshi  We write the set : my family at first and the element : me secondly    How to recognize the set     is different
    Ex_3    Method to  describe formula    In English  m multiplied by n equal  k           Multiply = "x"   Equal  = "="  So, you write           m x n = k    In Japanede  m ni n o kakeru to k ni hitoshii           Kakeru = "x"   Hitoshii = "="  So, we write           m n x k =    It is Reverse Polish method    When I read "m x n = k"     I read "m n x k =" in my mind    It is rather complicated    Ordinary  I read it  like in English    Then you must know how to describe the definition of AP in Japanese    S(n) = S(m) = n + m     where S is Sigma    n S m S =  ,   m S n m + =     in Japanese
    To be continued

    Yasutoshi