[seqfan] Re: Erroneous Approved Sequences

Frank Adams-watters franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Oct 21 23:40:04 CEST 2019

Step 1: look at the comments
 In this case, both sequences have very clear explanations of what the difference is.
So yes, both are right.

Step 2, if step 1 fails, is to determine how each sequence us actually defined, i.e., what computation gives the results in the sequence).
If this makes the difference clear, add comments to the sequences explaining what each actually does and where they differ.

Step 3, if step 2 fails, is to ask about it in seqfan. This is basically repeating step 2, but with a much stronger knowledge of mathematics (all of us are smarter than any of us).
If this still fails, the usual decision is to set the status of the one we think is wrong to "dead", with a comment "erroneous version of A??????". But only senior editors should be marking a sequence as dead.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters