[seqfan] Re: Lists of sums

Peter Munn techsubs at pearceneptune.co.uk
Wed Oct 23 05:23:59 CEST 2019

On Tue, October 22, 2019 8:14 pm, M. F. Hasler wrote:
[...]
> The author intended to put your columns as rows but incorrectly entered
> them by raising instead of falling antidiagonals,

Is this "incorrect" as opposed to "not preferred"?

Search: "descending antidiagonals"
Displaying 1-10 of 136 results found.

Search: "ascending antidiagonals"
Displaying 1-10 of 75 results found.

I found "ascending" to be useful once. When terms increase in magnitude in
one array dimension much more than the other, the formatting works better
if the greater increase occurs across columns. But in that case, if larger
terms are also harder to discover, choosing ascending antidiagonals can
facilitate having the terms from one more antidiagonal in the data
section.

Best Regards,

Peter