[seqfan] A seminar talk about OEIS on Oct 10 at Rutgers

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 05:29:10 CEST 2019

In case any local sequence fans are interested, I'm giving
a talk on Thursday Oct 10 at 5pm:

[Title and Abstract for Experimental Math Seminar talk on Oct 10 2019]

      Old and New Problems from 55 Years of the OEIS

                     Neil J. A. Sloane
   Visiting Scholar, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ
          The OEIS Foundation, Highland Park, NJ

                        Abstract

Some favorite old and new problems: Dissections; roots of theta series; the
Recaman hypothesis; getting to zero by subtracting primes; van Eck's
sequence; the Forest Fire sequence; a strange property of 909; covering
with geometric progressions; etc.  I'll end with some remarks about keeping
the OEIS running.

[Room 705, Math. Dept., Hill Center, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ,
Oct 10 2019, 5pm-6pm]

Sequence fans are welcome to attend. There will be a dinner afterwards
(it's my birthday).