[seqfan] Re: Possible other integer sequences for Šindel sequences?

M. F. Hasler oeis at hasler.fr
Sun Sep 22 18:45:00 CEST 2019

On Sat, Sep 21, 2019 at 1:40 PM Neil Sloane wrote:

> Frank A.-W. asks:
> > Does adding a sequence to the OEIS with appropriate discussion constitute
> > publication?
>
> In my opinion, yes. We've been around a long time, and there are 8000 or
> more references to us in the literature. Something like:
>
> A. B. Smith, Sequence A123456, On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences
> (often with the URL and/or the submission date).
> is a perfectly OK reference in any journal.

I agree - OEIS sequences *are* published, anyway,
but more than that, most of them are peer-reviewed
since the advent of the OEIS wiki with associate editors.

Prior to that, they had been published as part of Neil's books
(those have the status of publications in a book)
or, in between, by Neil himself in the OEiS v.1.0 :
those are the only ones that have been published only on internet and not
"peer reviewed" in a stricter sense.
(In only a few special cases sequences are still today published without
peer review. The editing history shows whether (and sometimes why) this is
the case, for each concrete example.)

- Maximilian

Šindel sequences?

https://oeis.org/A028355