[seqfan] Can this sequence be defined well: 7, 16, 34, ... ?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 23:32:52 CEST 2020

According to the documentation for java.math.MathContext <
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/math/MathContext.html>, the
confusingly named DECIMAL32 is good for 32 bits of precision, or 7 decimal
digits; DECIMAL64 is good for 64 bits or 16 digits; and DECIMAL128 is good
for 128 bits or 34 digits. I've verified in the Scala REPL that there's no
DECIMAL256. But if there was, what would be its decimal digit precision?

I thought maybe if I searched the OEIS for "7, 16, 34" I might find the
answer. The set of search results is small, though just big enough for me
to think that maybe I've overlooked the answer. Which would mean only one
of the results has the answer.

But perhaps that also assumes the sequence can be defined well and it's
already in the OEIS. Can it be well-defined? If so, is it already in the
OEIS? It it isn't, does it need to be?

Al
--
Alonso del Arte