[seqfan] All 170 or so links to Erich Friedman's pages are now broken

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 01:52:32 CEST 2020

Dear Sequence Fans,

Bill Gosper just informed me that with no warning, Stetson University
has stopped hosting web pages.  Here is his message:

From: Erich Friedman <efriedma at stetson.edu>
Date: Fri, Aug 7, 2020 at 5:37 AM
Subject: Re: Erich: No more https://www2.stetson.edu/~efriedma/packing.html
??
To: Bill Gosper <billgosper at gmail.com>
my university, in its infinite wisdom, decided without warning that it
would no longer host personal webpages.  sorry.

perhaps this material will appear somewhere else someday.

erich

----
We seem to have  about 176 links from OEIS entries to stetson web pages,

Fortunately there do not seem to be too many different links.

All except these two have Erich as author, I think:

%H A053392 Lars Blomberg, <a href="
https://www2.stetson.edu/~efriedma/mathmagic/0200/PDSC.pdf">Notes (2011) on
Problem of the Month (February 2000).</a>

%H A098092 Math Magic <a href="
http://www.stetson.edu/%7Eefriedma/mathmagic/0403.html">Problem of the
Month (April 2003)</a>

I will ask Erich if it will be OK if we put local copies on the OEIS server.