[seqfan] Introduction, and quick wiki question

Harald Korneliussen vintermann at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 11:14:05 CET 2020

Hello! I'm a software engineer from Norway. I've been enjoying OEIS for
years, and have finally decided to engage a little.

I have especially enjoyed Clark Kimberling's dispersions on OEIS. They tie
into many other things that interest me, such as pairing/unpairing
functions, and ways to "factor" numbers other than the common one.

I also like strings and string algorithms. Bijective numeration, which lets
me think of strings as numbers and numbers as strings (and moreover, let me
see digits as functions), I think is very interesting, and something I'd
personally love to see more of on OEIS. Wherever digits are treated as
important (such as when you ask if they're palindomic), I think there's an
opportunity to see how much simpler things become in the bijective
numeration version of the problem.

I don't have a lot of mathematical education. I only have what went into an
engineering degree, and that's 15 years ago now. I have read a bit about
various topics, but am rarely very confident I "get" them since it's all on
my own.

Feel free to contact me about anything! I have way too few people to talk
with about these topics, so it's never a waste of time for me!

Now to the quick question: I got an account on the wiki a while ago, but I
have no permissions there, not even editing my own user page which now
contains outdated personal information. Who can I bother to get that again?

Regards,

Harald Korneliussen

(I tried to send this mail before, but I think it got swallowed up since I
didn't send it from exactly the address I registered to seqfan with. Sorry
if this is a dupe!)