[seqfan] Update on Java implementations of OEIS sequences

Sean A. Irvine sairvin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 21:56:30 CET 2020

We are pleased to report that the jOEIS now covers over 100000 (29%) of
sequences from the database including over 95% of sequences below A037000
and all but 5 of the "core" sequences.  We did not keep track, but there
have been many corrections and extensions in the OEIS as a result of this
effort.

We would both like to thank all the members of the seqfan community that
answered our various questions, provided example code, or helped with the
review of the corresponding OEIS entry changes this year.  In particular,
Joerg Arndt, Brian Galebach, Volker Gebhardt, Alois Heinz, Mong Lung Lang,
Peter Luschny, Simon Plouffe, Seiichi Manyama, Michel Marcus, Richard
Mathar, Neil Sloane, and Michael Somos.

These are the remaining "core" sequences for which we do not have an
implementation:

A000019 Number of primitive permutation groups of degree n.
A000112 Number of partially ordered sets ("posets") with n unlabeled
elements.
A000609 Number of threshold functions of n or fewer variables.
A001034 Orders of non-cyclic simple groups (without repetition).
A002106 Number of transitive permutation groups of degree n.

It would be nice to have programs (real programs -- not a cheat like the
table lookup in A000019) for each of these in any language!

Perhaps some of these would make good honors projects or part of a masters
project.

For more information about the jOEIS project, see
https://github.com/archmageirvine/joeis

Regards,
Sean A. Irvine and Georg Fischer