[seqfan] Re: "Expansion of ..." versus "G.f. = ..."

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:18:58 CET 2020

PS  I really don't want to be on the opposite side of the fence from some
of the top editors.

How about a compromise: I will change those definitions to something with
this format:

Generating function Sum_{k >= 0} a(n)*x^n = Sum_{k>=1}
x^(k*(3*k+1)/2)/(1-x^k).

That makes it clear even if you are not certain what g.f. stands for, and
if you do know, it makes it explicit.

Best regards
Neil

Email: njasloane at gmail.com