[seqfan] Re: Natural Density of Odd Squares ( Euler)

Gordon Speagle gspeagle at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:12:56 CET 2020

Hi Jean Paul,

Yes,  I meant the series 1/(2k-1)^2 converges to pi^2/8 Thanks.

 Didn't Euler show that the natural density of non square integers is
(6/pi^2) as a result of his solution to the Basel Problem?

The series of (1/n^2) converges to pi^2/6.  It's reciprocal gives the
density of square free integers.

The natural density of primes approaches zero, but the density of square
free integers and square free odd integers can be approximated with the
above identities involving pi, I think.

Thanks,

Gordon