[seqfan] Do we need an escape clause here?

Ali Sada pemd70 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 19 06:34:46 CET 2020

Hi Everyone,
Please see the definition below. It' A331410.
"a(n) is the number of iterations needed to reach a power of 2 starting at n and using the map k -> (k+(k/p), where p is the largest prime factor of k)."

It seems so basic that we will reach a power of 2 eventually. I am not sure I can prove it, but I think there is a proof somewhere. We will also reach a power of 2 if we use k-(k/p), or if we divide by any odd prime factor.

Best,
Ali