[seqfan] Re: This is a Penrose tiling?

Fred Lunnon fred.lunnon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 05:37:21 CET 2020

  No, but it's an interesting fake!

  Neither a pukka Penrose rhomb infinite sun or star,
therefore the matching rules are broken somewhere,
and very close to the centre.  But because a fat rhomb
has only binary symmetry (rather than D_4) so that
there are 8 distinct vertex types (rather than 7), it is
not easy to pinpoint exactly where without a crib ...

WFL