[seqfan] Re: Polyominoes (A000105, A000988, A001168) - offset problem

Jack Grahl jack.grahl at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:49:41 CEST 2020

Notwithstanding what Wikipedia should do here, I think that the OEIS should
always include a zero term when this has basic mathematical validity (ie
for most combinatorial objects - providing that an instance with zero
elements can be described without contradiction). This makes the
encyclopedia much more useful, since relating a sequence to other
definitions, generating functions, and so on is a basic use of the
encyclopedia. The 'offset' info makes it easy to neglect these terms if you
want to.