[seqfan] Re: Canonical bijection from positive integers to positive rationals.

Peter Munn techsubs at pearceneptune.co.uk
Wed Mar 4 11:50:00 CET 2020

Please excuse me. Three contributors to this thread have suggested I
(and/or another) update the index, as though it is obvious how this is
done. It is not.

Antti, I can see you have made updates to the index. Could you edit the
instruction page [1] to expand on the paragraph entitled "Adding a link
from the Index to a sequence"?

This paragraph consists only of the words: "Type {{A|123456}} to make a
link to A123456 (say)." This described too little of the whole process
that (the only time I tried) I got to a position where I wasn't sure I was
doing it correctly, and even less sure of what to do next to complete the
process. So rather than make a mess, I abandoned my attempt.

(Yes, I know the page also advises, "If in doubt, consult one of the
Editors-in-Chief". I did this, and it proved fruitless.)

Thanks,
 Peter

[1] https://oeis.org/wiki/Index:_Instructions_For_Updating_Index_to_OEIS