[seqfan] A1595 mentioned in Medium article

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 06:34:09 CET 2020

I mention A001595 in my Medium article about timeouts in JUnit 5:
https://levelup.gitconnected.com/asserting-timeouts-in-junit-5-4477054f82d3
The obvious algorithm for calculating Fibonacci numbers is extremely
inefficient for all but the smallest positive indices. And even for small
indices it requires a lot of recursion. That's what led me to A001595, and
I use it to predict that it would take some 36 million years to calculate
Fibonacci(100).

I've been wondering about Fibonacci(*n*)  − A001595(*n*). That's probably
already in the OEIS, though maybe without signs. It does change sign, right?

Al

--
Alonso del Arte
Author at SmashWords.com