[seqfan] Re: Novel Gray-code-like sequence

C.R. Drost c.r.drost at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 22:40:38 CET 2020

Interesting; you've got a sort of undirected graph

0 → 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, ...
1 → 0, 3, 5, 9, 17, 33, 65, ...
2 → 3, 0, 6, 10, 18, 34, 66, ...
3 → 2, 1, 7, 11, 19, 35, 67, ...
4 → 5, 6, 0, 12, 20, 36, 68, ...
5 → 4, 7, 1, 13, 21, 37, 69, ...
6 → 7, 4, 2, 14, 22, 38, 70, ...

plus a sort of “walking rule” through it that steadily burns one-way edges
through the graph as it walks.

Seems like the same principle would work for any sequence of increasing
sequences, but not all of them will be digraphs of course, and one might
wonder which graphs have the property where every edge eventually gets
burned.

Also seems like there is a subtly different sequence where you burn the
nodes rather than the edges,

0 → 1 → 3 → 2 → 6 → 4 → 5 → 7 → 15 → ...

or where you burn the two-way edge rather than the one-way edge,

0 → 1 → 3 → 2 → 0 → 4 → 5 → 1 → 9 → ...